FIESTA-IoT Open Call 4 Results
Summary of Proposals Received
The 4th FIESTA-IoT open call sought proposals for experiments within a number of targeted application domains:
- DM1: innovative experiments in the domains of agriculture and/or maritime, aiming to integrate data from various testbeds, showing the added benefits that the FIESTA-IoT can provide in those domains.
- DM2: innovative experiments with respect to energy consumption at data centers and indoor industrial/home environments.
- DM3: experiments expanding the services provided by FIESTA-IoT, i.e. for assessing the quality/trustworthiness of the data provided by the testbeds, for predictive analytics, location based services or for virtualization on top of the FIESTA-IoT platform. It is important to highlight the use of semantics within the FIESTA-IoT Platform and the need for proposed modules to exploit this characteristic.
The call closed on September 18th 2017 at 17:00 Brussels time. The FIESTA-IoT project received in total 17 proposals for Experiments:
- 3 in DM1 (2 were in both DM1, DM3)
- 3 in DM2 (1 was in both DM2, DM3)
- 8 in DM3
- 6 in other domains
Among the proposers, 5 were from universities and research institutes, and 12 were from SMEs, while we had no proposals from Large Industries this time.
The proposals originated from the following 9 countries (in no particular order): Spain, Italy, France, Greece, Serbia, Portugal, Netherlands, Switzerland, and Cyprus.
Here are some statistics about the budget:
- Total available initial budget: EUR 200.000,00
- Budget transferred from OC3: EUR 50.000,00
- Total available budget for OC4: EUR 250.000,00
- Total budget from all proposers: EUR 853.237,00 (oversubscription factor: 3,413).
- Total request for funding from accepted proposers: EUR 250.000,00
- Average requested funding for accepted proposals for Extensions: EUR 50.000,00.
Review of Proposals and Selection Summary
After a thorough review process by external independent reviewers, it was found that the quality of most proposals was very good. As mentioned in the documentation, proposals on the three domains of interest were given higher weights in two of the criteria (Scientific/industrial relevance and Potential for Feedback), while the proposals that didn’t belong to the three main domains were only given standard weight in these criteria.
Due to the rejection of one accepted proposal in OC3 (due to infeasibility), the remaining budget was transferred to this call, so that five (5) proposals can be accepted. Thus, in total 5 proposals from 4 countries were accepted in this call:
- 1 proposal in DM1
- 1 proposal in DM2
- 2 proposals in DM3
- 1 proposal in both DM1, DM3
The following are the successful proposers selected for funding.
- ALLBESMART LDA (B-MODEL)
- Modio Computing P.C. (StreamingQualityAnalyser)
- Nissatech (Agrolytics)
- INFOLYSiS P.C. (VIRTUS)
- FlairBit S.r.r (StreamGateway)
The FIESTA-IoT project thanks all proposers for their efforts. We congratulate the accepted proposers that have been selected for funding!