The first open call closed on October 26th, 2016 at 17:00 Brussels time. The FIESTA-IoT project received 29 proposals, of which:
- 16 proposals for Experiments, category 'Innovation by SME'
- 7 proposals for Experiments, category 'Scientific Excellence'
- 6 proposals for Extensions
Among the proposers were 10 universities and research institutes, 18 SMEs, and 1 large enterprise.
The proposals originate from the following countries (in no particular order): Germany, Greece, Italy, Portugal, Croatia, Spain and France.
Some statistics on the budget:
- Total budget: EUR 1.445.729,60
- Total request for funding: EUR 1.417.355,00 (oversubscription factor: 3,15)
- Average requested funding for proposals for Experiments, category 'Innovation by SME': EUR 49.601
- Average requested funding for proposals for Experiments, category 'Scientific Excellence': EUR 47.265
- Average requested funding for proposals for Extensions: EUR 48.812
Review and selection summary
After a thorough review process by external independent reviewers, it was found that the quality of most proposals was good to very good (above 70% of the maximum achievable mark). Due to budget limitations, only 9 proposals can receive funding as a result of the first open call:
Experiments, category 'Innovation by SME':
- U-Hopper SRL (IT): Conversational Information Services for FIESTA-IoT
- SRC solution (FR): PilotThings
- HERITAS SOLUCIONES TECNOLÓGICAS S.L. (ES): Smart Polyhedron Indicator for Asset Management
Experiments, category 'Scientific Excellence':
- Institute of Communications and Computer Systems (GR): CorRelations bEtween Data graphs and IoT topologies
- Technical University of Catalonia (ES): IoT data management at the network edge by decentralized community service
- Technical University of Madrid (ES): Data quality and easy services creation in FIESTA-IoT
- LAAS-CNRS (FR): ADREAM FIESTA
- Gridnet SA (GR): EXpand The ENvironmental Diversity of FIESTA-IoT testbeds
- Univeristy of Thessaly (GR): Nitos FIesta IoT Extension
The FIESTA-IoT project thanks all proposers for their efforts. We congratulate the 9 proposers that have been selected for funding!